10000 Trees Planting Event – Oct 16-20
October 16 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 8:00am, repeating until October 20, 2021
What: This planting event is being brought to you courtesy of a partnership between Parks Canada and 10,000 Trees.
Where: Rouge National Urban Park’s 19th Avenue Day Use Area, 6994 19th Ave, Markham, Ontario, Canada, L6B 1A8
Saturday, October 16th: All day Site Setup (no tree planting).
Sunday, October 17th through Wednesday October 20th: Morning and afternoon tree planting sessions each day.
Volunteer Openings: 20 Site Setup Volunteers on Saturday, October 16th, and 3 Planting Coaches and 30 Tree Planters for each of the 8 Tree Planting Sessions from Sunday October 17th through Wednesday, October 20th (284 openings in total).
– Registration is open to fully vaccinated* adult** volunteers, on a first-registered first-served individual basis, or until close of registration at 12:00 noon on Thursday, September 30th, whichever occurs first.
– If all available spots are filled, then prospective volunteers may add themselves to the waitlist
– Parks Canada will contact all participants via email to also complete Parks Canada’s mandatory registration.
*2nd vaccination date plus 14 days
** 18 or older on day of participation
Please click on the date and time below you would like to register for:
Parking: Parking will be available a short distance from the planting site.
Washroom Facilities: Washroom facilities are on-site
– Everyone will be responsible for bringing and wearing their own PPE (face masks, gloves, etc.) and for maintaining physical distance from others.
– 10,000 Trees will be responsible for regularly sanitizing high-contact surfaces.
– Prior to leaving home for the planting, everyone is strongly encouraged to complete Ontario’s mandatory COVID-19 screening questions and then comply with the direction given.
– If the event has to be cancelled for COVID-19 or any other reason/s, 10,000 Trees will immediately inform all registered volunteers by email.
– If you have your own shovel, please bring it
– Please check the weather forecast and dress appropriately as the planting will take place “rain or shine”
Q: What do Site Setup volunteers do on Saturday, October 16th?
A: Site Setup volunteers transport planting stock from delivery trucks to designated spots within the planting area, and then cover them to keep their roots wet and alive.
Q: I’ve never planted trees before, will someone there show me how?
A: Yes, one of our Planting Coaches will show you how to properly plant trees so that they have the best possible chances of growing.
Q: Who do I have to show my Eventbrite ticket to?
A: You need to show your Eventbrite ticket QR code to the Registration Desk on arrival for scanning.
Q: Where can I find my Eventbrite Ticket QR Code?
A: You can find it in the pdf attached to the “Your Tickets…” email that is sent to your email address immediately after registering.
Q: Can I bring a printed copy of my Eventbrite Ticket QR Code?
A: We would appreciate if you could bring your smartphone and have the screen opened to your Eventbrite Ticket QR Code, so that we can scan you in without wasting paper.
Q: Am I allowed to register more than once?
A: Absolutely YES! Just don’t register for different roles on the same day and the same time.