(MARKHAM, ONTARIO) – Given recent events around COVID-19, an increasing number of volunteers are really stepping in to help. With National Volunteer Week coming up (April 19-25, 2020), Volunteer Markham has just launched a brand-new contest campaign; Why Volunteer?
The goal of this campaign is to highlight the many people who are volunteering throughout the community.
We are asking our local residents and community members to submit no more than 200 words sharing their reasons as to why they give back. Submissions will be divided into three categories:
2. Community Development
3. Personal Growth
We want to know what makes someone jump in and help.
“How do we best recognize the many people that give of their time when the community is in a State of Emergency? Volunteer Markham wholeheartedly is inspired by the actions of others. As National Volunteer Week approaches us we want to collect and share those stories of inspiration in the hopes that it brings an even stronger feeling of community and togetherness.
Please join us in saying “thank you” and highlighting those special volunteers that have been supporting their communities all year and to those volunteers that have stepped up for the first time now when they were needed!
In light of what’s going on in our city, please take a moment to share your story or the story of someone you know, and spread the impact of their actions.” says Mirja Raita, Executive Director with Volunteer Markham. Stay safe and stay connected!
- Final submission deadline date: April 25, 2020 200-word submission, with optional photos, submitted at https://volunteermarkham.ca/tell-us-your-story-contest/
- Four winners to be announced on May 6, 2020
- Winners will be selected by Volunteer Markham
- Prizes: a gift card worth $50 OR a $50 donation to a charity of your choice
- Winners to be profiled on our website after the contest About Volunteer Markham Volunteer Markham helps build a stronger, more thoughtful community through innovative programs that inspire, inform, and connect volunteers with the organizations that need them. Based in the Markham Civic Centre, we are committed to growing volunteering in Markham by inspiring citizens and connecting the community.
For more information or to arrange an interview, please contact:
Chair, Marketing Committee